Bolton Parish Council
Bolton Parish Council is a formal statutory body and is the “grass roots” tier of local authority. We raise a precept (a budget collected through the Council Tax) every year and spend it on local community needs such as grass cutting, support to community groups, maintaining and insuring community owned facilities and generally representing community needs and views to other authorities. More importantly we can and have raised very significant sums for community projects through grant applications to various funding bodies.
We work on your behalf with Eden District Council, Cumbria County Council, Central Government and other authorities and respond on your behalf to a never ending stream of consultations. We have 7 parish councillors who are unpaid volunteers and are elected for a 4 year period. They are supported by a Clerk who is also the Responsible Financial Officer. Contact details are as follows:
- Chairman – Mr Peter Griffiths, 9 Hall Grange, Bolton – [Appleby] 61944
- Vice Chairman – Mr Roger Bird, Birdby, Cliburn – [Shap] 714248
- Mr Peter Smith, Lang Rigg, Bolton – [Appleby] 62862
- Mrs Laura Hall, Brentwood, Bolton – [Appleby] 62998
- Mrs Sheila Summerscales. Willoway, Bolton – [Appleby] 62783
- Mr Martyn Worrall, 1 Hall Grange, Bolton
- Dr Alan Green, 3 Valley Drive, Bolton – [Appleby] 62194
- Clerk – Shelagh Leyland, North End Farmhouse, [Appleby] 62327
Our meetings are held in the Memorial Hall on the third Monday of alternate months – January, March, May, July, September and November. Meetings start at 7.30 pm and members of the public are very welcome to attend and to participate in discussions in the public forum. The Agenda for forthcoming meetings is posted on this web site, in the Community Shelter and at the Primary School notice boards. Draft minutes of meetings are also displayed on this site and at the Community Shelter.
Newsletters are distributed periodically to each household and can be downloaded from here.
Our District and County Councillors and local MP are:
- District – Mrs Joan Raine: Joan.Raine@eden.gov.uk, 01931715351
- County – Mr Neil Hughes: email@example.com
- MP Mr Rory Stewart, Penrith and the Borders: firstname.lastname@example.org, 02072197127